Friday, April 9, 2010

Lettuce Wraps

 This is a fantastic, super simple, and SUPER delish variation of lettuce wraps. My good friend Jennifer passed this one on to me, and it has become a favorite of mine. You can also serve the meat mixture over brown rice and it is delish. Butter lettuce works the best for the lettuce wraps, but you can just use whatever you have lying around the house. (As far as lettuce goes I mean )  I love it because you only need one pan, and you can throw everything together and cook it at once. Prep and cook are a maximum of 30 minutes. Enjoy! Enjoy!
If you'd like to try it out you'll need.....

green onions
cashews or almonds
minced garlic
cilantro
low sodium soy sauce
peanut butter
bean sprouts
carrots
jalapeno
water chestnuts
ground turkey
butter lettuce

Method:

I diced everything up, adding handfuls of each. I mixed everything
by hand, except for 1 tbs peanut butter and 1/4 cp soy sauce.
Cook the meat mixture while whisking the butter & soy in a separate bowl.
Pour sauce mixture over meat while cooking.
Let cook for a couple minutes. Pour over lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment